Wednesday, January 4, 2012

The Great Wall

Until all of the necessary permits are acquired, construction will not begin. But every once in a while, I have driven to the lot just to check, in hopes that the builder has jumped the gun and dug our basement hole early. A few days before I took this picture of the retaining wall, I ventured out to the lot after dinner. It wasn't very late, but it was pitch black outside. I pointed my headlights at the back of the lot, and to my surprise, we had a retaining wall! I needed to touch it. I needed to stand next to it and see if it was taller than me. So I did, and it was. I walked back toward my car, blinded by the high beams. Do you see that big gaping hole toward the back of the lot on the left?  No?  Neither did I. Well, I fell in it. I got a pretty impressive goose egg on my knee. Check it out.


No comments:

Post a Comment